Systems Software Programmer - Advanced
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
· The division of technology services is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, and obtaining multiple mission critical applications for the department of social services.
· The department seeks a highly motivated individual with advanced experience and extensive software development skills to play a key role in the application development team that will deliver new dss child welfare re-engineering projects. The candidate will work very closely with the systems program project lead.
· The candidate’s responsibilities also include the following.
· Assist in the operations and development of the states SACWIS/CCWIS system to ensure that state and federal
REQUIREMENTS ARE MET
· Develop and maintain the intake assessment tool for recording community based prevention services portal in the CAPSS system
· Develop and maintain the interstate compact on the placement of children tool and NEICE portal interface with the CAPSS system.
· Maintain and update the national youth in transition database for the CAPSS system with a focus on independent living and NYTD federal reporting requirements
· Develop and maintain the assessment and planning tool to address safety and risk assessment
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop and modify vb/asp.net and c# code that accesses a ms sql 2008/2012databases
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
· 7+ years of experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-scale software systems and components using .net architectures.
· 5+ year’s experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
· 5+ years’ experience building windows/web-based software systems, utilizing n-tier architectures, dynamic content, highly-scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
· Knowledge of microsoft operating systems and at least two application, database, messaging or web server systems.
· Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
· Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
· Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders as needed or directed.
· ability to communicate effectively with the dss and other state information technology staff.
ENVIRONMENTS AND TOOLS
· MS SERVER 2012 R2 ENTERPRISE SERVER, IIS 8.5
· MS SQL 2012 R2 /2014 ENTERPRISE SERVER.
· TFS (TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER)
· MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2010/2013/2015
· C#, .ASP.NET, .NET
· JAVA SCRIPT
· ENTITY FRAMEWORK 6 – IS A PLUS
· ASP.NET MVC 3 OR HIGHER IS A PLUS
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
· Preference will be given to experience related to child welfare or human services system design and development and/or knowledge of the sacwis/ccwis requirements and objectives
· Candidate must be able to communicate clearly with the development team, project staff, and the user community.
· Strong project skills
· Experiencewithagile software development is a plus.
· Minimal management required
· BS OR ASSOCIATEDEGREE