Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs Linux file server software programs written in ‘C’, on both virtual machines, and hardware for a wide variety of customer applications. The product has a strong and growing install base and many opportunities to expand to more market segments.
Play a key role in the development of exciting new products and be part of a successful team. HPE is looking for outstanding leaders to design and implement software components for HP’s world-class software. We are looking for a committed results-oriented player that wants to make a difference in a rapidly growing market.
- Implementing MSFT SMB stack on Linux to serve files in a high available, clustered file system environment
- Leads multiple project teams of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software systems design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience
- Expert programming experience in C is critical
- Experience programming on a Linux platform
- Experience in both User & Kernel space
- Experience with Agile software development tools
- Understanding of storage protocols (NAS, NFS, SMB, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Job ID 1020948