Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Half a billion people across the world rely on Dropbox to store their files. As part of the Capacity, Design, and Delivery team, you’ll own the groundwork to establish systems that grow and automate our fleet. You’ll work across our distributed fleet, pulling in data from our Database, Compute, and Storage systems.
The mission of the Systems Software Engineering team is topartner with the rest of Capacity, Design and Delivery teams andInfrastructure Engineering teams to build efficient, reliable & durableinfrastructureat Dropbox.
- Design and build a Fleet Observability system that will help the Hardware Engineering team and all our partners achieve our reliability & quality metrics based on data collection, trend analysis, and performance
- Support teams to achieve the best performance for every hardware class through collaboration on performance profiling, kernel selection, and optimizations
- Design, iterate and lead the next generation lifecycle management system that will serve as a central decision-making solution to support Supply Chain, Capacity Engineering, Hardware Engineering and Cluster Operations
- Define, automate and deliver a testing infrastructure to deliver the best hardware classes for all tiers
- You have 3+ years of Python or similar languages like GO, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Proven expertise in data collection, mining, graphing, and statistics analysis
- Experienceworking with Linux and Bash/Shell Scripting
- Working experience in a DevOps, Software Engineering, or SRE related role
- Understanding of the Linux Kernel; tuning, drivers, and libraries
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)