- Review specifications and identify clear product requirements
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software components for Ethernet-connected Electronic Control Modules (ECU) to facilitate in-vehicle applications/services to connect to cloud
- Port and integrate home-grown software components on to Ethernet-connected Electronic Control Modules (ECU)
- Perform design and code reviews
- Profile, propose, and implement optimizations/enhancements to improve software performance/quality
- Investigate, debug, and resolve software defects. This may include on-line/on-site debugging of issues alongside our vendors and tier1 suppliers
- Support successful sanity/functional/integration test executions by reviewing test cases/procedures and educating test owners on the details of functionalities
- Generate and demonstrate product ideas
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related
- Including coursework have 1+ year of experience with C++ programming
- Including coursework have 6+ months of experience with real-time embedded software development on QNX or Linux RTOS
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering , Computer Science or related
- Object Oriented Design with established design patterns in C++
- Fundamentals of data structures and algorithms
- Very good understanding of one or more of the following networking concepts: IP Packet Classification/Routing/Forwarding, Data Plane Processing, Packet Filtering
- Demonstrated working knowledge in one or more of the following networking technologies and its internals: TCP/IP stack, BSD Socket Programming, IP Flow Monitoring and Tallying
- Experience with source code version control systems and integrated development environments, such as Git and Eclipse
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent worker and capable of delivering multiple project commitments concurrently
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills in a multidisciplinary and multi-sited environment
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we're Built Ford Tough. We're one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.