$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Bowhead is seeking a Systems Security Engineer to join our team at Dahlgren, VA. The Systems Security Engineer will be responsible for ensuring all Information Systems (IS), Government Desktops, and Corporate Network Components (Classified and Unclassified) adhere to, and are certified, in accordance with NAVSWCINST 5239.1 and DOD Inst 5200.40. The Systems Security Engineer is also the primary POC for all escorts; to include but not limited to escorting personnel in Communication Sheds (CS) that are not PDS related and giving access to Fiber Optic Pedestals (FOP) when required or as needed.
Essential functions will include:
• Providing technical assistance to assure compliance with all policies, guidance, and recommendations stipulated by the NSWC Dahlgren Division Information Assurance & Compliance Branch.
• Performing site surveys for emerging PDS requirements and responding to requests for security assistance within primary area, on occasion this support is outside normal business hours.
• Performing testing analysis and risk assessment of Government IT systems and providing results and reports as required by Government's Network Security Officer or Information Assurance Officer.
• Providing Information Assurance (IA) and system security support, and administering it in accordance with local Information Assurance Manager (IAM) standards.
• Participating in architectural discussions and providing input related to system security vulnerabilities brought on through hardware and software modifications, upgrades, and changes.
• Providing guidance to Systems Engineers and Operations staff on system security, Certification & Accreditation (C&A) issues, information security policy, and determine security issues and impacts.
• Performing system C&A planning and liaison activities as well as performing vulnerability/risk analysis of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system lifecycle.
• Assessing and mitigating system security threats and risks throughout the program life cycle.
• Supporting the preparation, submission and maintenance of Certification and Accreditation documentation, supporting artifacts and other security related documentation for compliance with security controls, features, and enhancements.
• Providing accreditation documentation consistent with, and that meets, the local IAM requirements to document government resources and Single and Multi-User computer resources. Developing PDS approval request packages for new PDS runs and will update the PDS Daily Inspection Procedures SOP.
• Will develop Protected Distribution System (PDS) certification packages for the classified Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation (RDT&E) Network and SLBM utilizing the Tactical Protected Distribution System (TPDS).
• Provide PDS guarding when notified (planned or unplanned) and on occasion work outside normal business hours.
• Provide support for encryption equipment used for classified links (normal operational maintenance and keying of various encryption devices (e.g. KG-194's, KIV-7s, and TACLANE's).
Requirements • A Bachelor's degree is highly desired but at least five (5) years of related on the job experience and/or training is required. Additional experience may be substituted for formal education for the highly qualified candidate.
• Must have knowledge of DoD security and IA requirements as outlined in DoDI 8500.2 and the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG).
• Current knowledge of DoD Ports, Protocols, and Services (PPS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and DoD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) policies and standards is required.
• Knowledge of EMASS, ACAS and Host Based Security System (HBSS) is desirable.
• Must meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Managerial Level II certification requirements at time of employment; Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) (preferred) or SANS GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC).
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. To receive and respond to instructions/assignments, must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18