Systems Security Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Systems Security Engineer ?for our client in Melbourne, FL
Job Title: Systems Security Engineer
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Information Security Systems Analyst will perform a variety of tasks to support and maintain the network defense and security device posture within our enterprise infrastructure.
- This opening is a network-centric (Firewall, VPN, IPS, and network DLP Hardware/Software) equipment based engineering role.
- Perform configuration, set-up, and maintenance of Palo Alto and Juniper firewalls, Tipping Point IPS, McAfee IPS, McAfee DLM, ForcePoint (WebSense) URL filtering, and Pulse Secure SSL-VPN devices as required
- Support daily incidents and change requests for the above-mentioned systems will be the main responsibility of this position.
- Review documentation to ensure that it meets testing standards, document trouble shooting, and restoral activities
- Create test plans which will allow for a proper evaluation of hardware and software being considered for implementation
- Prepare specifications for commercial off the shelf (COTS) hardware, software, and services
- Evaluate Vendor submissions for compliance with customer's specifications
- Prepare and present training information to technical staff and user personnel
- Minimum 4-5years of related Network or Firewall Engineeringexperience
- Minimum of 3years’ experience in troubleshootingnetwork devices such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, web proxy, active directory, group policies, etc.
- Minimum 2years’ experience with the following Operating Systems: Palo Alto, ScreenOS, JUNOS or IVE OS, or Cisco.
- Minimum 2years’ experience in a system engineering approach to designing solutions
Preferred / Additional Skills:
- B.S. in Information Systems, Computer Sciences (A Degree Is STRONGLY preferred), or equivalent experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with Palo Alto or Juniper firewalls (Juniper experience is strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with ISO20000
- Familiarity with ITIL, or an ITIL v3 Certification
- Experience with Unified Access Control is highly desirable
- Commitment to maintaining the highest standard of customer service with outstanding oral and written communication
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environments and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Ability to effectively handle stressful situations