- The System Security Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the integrity and security of a mixed Windows and Linux based architecture with big data.
- The engineer will use their proficiency in system security and vulnerability mitigation to support ongoing parallel accreditation and authorization processes for components of the system.
- The ideal candidate will assess risks and vulnerabilities; and continuously monitor, audit and determine recommended mitigations.
- A successful employee will coordinate compliance, transition, and strategic plans for compliance and security.
- This position requires significant reliance on customer IT systems process and procedures, coupled with commercial and hybrid cloud environments.
- The nature of a small team requires the ability to take on additional duties without significant dependence on documented procedures.
Required qualifications include:
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance and able to obtain a TS/SCI
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- Minimum 5 years of directly related experience in system security implementation
- Experience running, configuring, reviewing system monitoring and assessment tools
- Familiarity of cloud-based technology and concepts (AWS)
- Experience with accreditation and authorization (A&A) processes in a SECDEVOPS environment
- Hands-on experience in analyzing and responding to system security and/or scan alert software/tools like Splunk
- Experience coordinating and successfully interacting with customer security and oversight personnel to gain guidance and approvals
Preferred qualifications include:
- Familiarity with the Windows/Linux operating system
- Prior security review experience such as monitoring and support of penetration testing
- Insight into current best practices on development/infrastructure
- Working knowledge of storage systems such as EMC and Dell, as well as Big Data
- Familiarization with encryption, requirements, approaches, and solutions
- Proficiency with access control, identification, and authentication