$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Millennium Engineering and Integration (Millennium) is seeking a Full-Time Systems Safety Engineer in El Segundo, CA. The position supports the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) at Los Angeles Air Force Base. The candidate will support the system safety engineering responsibilities of the non-recurring design validation of New Entrant Launch Service Providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute system safety engineering audit plans for system safety, space safety and range safety iaw with AF and DoD instructions, requirements, and policies.
- Assess, capture, and track certification system safety engineering status, risks, and risk mitigation plans
- Assess launch provider system safety documentation in accordance with State and Federal environmental requirements, ordinances, and laws.
- Evaluate the impact and resolution of mishaps and other system safety violations
- Assess compliance with orbital debris and disposal requirements iaw applicable guidance, policy, instruction, and international law
- Interface with on-site certification representatives to include USAF, Government, New Entrant, FFRDC, and other Government agencies
- Applies company quality assurance requirements to all certification products, reports, and reviews.
- Develop and present technical summary reports
- Other Duties as Assigned
- 10+ years of experience applying system safety engineering requirements and best practices to space and launch systems, ground site activities and launch operations
- BS degree in engineering, math, or physical sciences; will consider less experience in lieu of advanced degrees (8 years of experience with MS degree)
- Experience interfacing with computer-based database and schedule tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Some CONUS travel required
- US Citizenship required
- Secret Clearance
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Systems
Work Experience: 10-15 years
Valid Through: 2019-10-14