ENSCO Inc is a diverse engineering and technology company that provides engineering, science and advanced technology solutions that guarantee mission success, safety, and security to governments and private industries worldwide. The Range Network Systems Engineering & Integration (RN SE&I) contract provides Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support to the USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Range and Network Directorate (SMC/RN). RN acquires services to modernize and sustain the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN), Launch and Test Range System (LTRS), and Space Training Acquisition Office (STAO). We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with experience in engineering support, project management, and program planning for the RN SE&I contract to support AFSCN activities supporting the Space and Missile Systems Center. Duties will include:
- Providing Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) support for satellite communications network systems including Telemetry, Tracking & Control (TT&C), scheduling, communications, and associated systems.
- Perform engineering of system architectures, requirements analysis and decomposition, including system performance test and verification.
- Perform engineering analyses to predict and define problems, define/design actionable corrective measures, and operational implementation of Launch Range and Network systems.
- Prepare and review test plans and test reports, analytical evaluation of systems' compatibility, and development of requirements.
- Review and assess contractor designs, conduct trade studies on alternative system design approaches.
- Perform detailed modeling and simulation, margin analysis and advanced signal processing algorithms.
- Participate or lead technical meetings and government-led studies, assess technical baselines and ensure system modifications meet requirements.
- Manage and conduct safety programs. Plan, organize, direct, and control safety activities. Primarily involved in policy interpretation for design guidance, hazard identification & analysis, and mishap risk mitigation / verification. Evaluate, inspect, and survey areas and activities to eliminate mishap potentials. Provide risk management consultation.
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and background with architecture, systems and subsystem requirements, systems engineering processes, and development and maintenance of CONOPS.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOORS, MATLAB, Sharepoint.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E and National Electrical Code along with training in SMC Space System Safety guidelines.
- Demonstrated performance in Environmental and Operational hazard analysis, and facilitation of System Safety Working Groups.
- Technical skills to understand and analyze system problems, define potential solutions, and conduct in-depth technical analysis, risk evaluation, assessments and trades and explain results of technical studies in a system engineering context.
- Demonstrates understanding of performance and requirements analysis techniques, and acceptance testing strategies/methodologies.
- AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION FOR WHICH YOU MUST BE A US CITIZEN. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Working knowledge of the Air Force Satellite Communications Network (AFSCN)
- Familiarity with DoDI 5000.02, AFI 63-101/20-101, MIL STD 882E, SMCI 63-1207, SMC PESHE Template, SMC Guide-G-012
- Prior construction management experience
- Current TS/SCI clearance