Dynetics is seeking a System Safety Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL. The qualified applicant will cover Safety engineering and analysis on a wide variety of projects and programs, from aerospace and DOD/Military Hardware, to commercial products.
With minimal direction, performs most tasks necessary to ensure the identification Safety Critical Items and documentation of hazards within systems using various analysis tools and techniques. Understands the basic elements of system safety engineering to include hazard analyses, hazard categorization, end effects, causal analyses, mitigation requirements identification, documentation, tracking and implementing, and residual risk assessment.
Typical analyses performed include but are not limited to: Fault Tree Analyses, Hazard Analyses, hazard mitigation, Safety risk assessments, and system residual risk assessments.
Reviews product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establishes safety requirements for assigned systems
Develops safety documents as required to support customer and test, operational, or range requirements
Participates in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and corrective actions
Performs audits of operational areas and reports effectiveness of the System Safety program
Performs minimal safety program management tasks including progress reports and tracking schedules
- Ancillary duties may include tasks associated with environmental safety and health, hazardous materials, industrial hygiene, human factors, reliability engineering, explosive safety, directed energy (laser) safety, and/or test range safety
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Knowledge of System Safety fundamentals
Minimum of 5 years of System Safety experience
Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Good verbal and written skills
Familiar with Microsoft Office
Able to work with limited supervision
- Familiar with the OSHA’s CFR 1910, and MIL-STD-882
- Ability to prepare high level technical reviews and presentations
- Prior related experience with Government or Military programs
- Experience in Risk Management
- Familiarity with Reliability Engineering
- Familiarity with Software Hazard Analyses
- Demonstrable experience working with testing services suppliers in the commercial and DOD/Military
- Familiarity with Ammunition and Explosives Safety Standards and programs.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Job Number: 01.09.08-3