Job DescriptionSee More
Software & Systems SBU
A Systems Safety Engineer job in Bellevue, WA is currently available at Belcan. This position can be worked remotely anywhere in the U.S. This is a direct, full-time position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor of Science degree in the engineering field, and a minimum of 5 years of experience within the aerospace and defense industry, preference for systems experience in the defense and space market or other highly regulated industry experience. This position requires travel.
Experience in one or more of the following platforms is preferred: Spacecraft (Launch Vehicle), Satellite, Propulsion Systems, Fault Tolerant Systems, Electrical Power or Engine Control systems.
Candidates will be involved in leading, executing and / or oversight for various systems engineering tasks including:
* System requirements definition and management - specifically the identification of Systems Safety related requirements in the field of airborne avionics and/or spacecraft systems
* Architecture design capture support - provide systems safety related expertise to the evolution of the structure, behavior, and more views of the system that align with the Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
* Perform Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Modes Effects & Critically Analysis (FMECA), and / or reliability analysis
* Work across functional teams to investigate and solve problems, including trade studies and optimization activities
* Help raise the level of performance of the team through a collaborative team setting, consistent communication, and willingness to help others achieve success
* Communicate safety related issues / risks with clarity to a wide audience in multiple settings
* Apply a broad Systems Safety background to support various activities through the system development life cycle
* Bachelor of Science degree in systems engineering, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, equivalent engineering degree from an accredited institution or relevant equivalent experience.
* 5+ years systems or electrical engineering or similar relevant experience in avionics related hardware platforms
* Demonstrated experience in system safety development and regulatory approval processes where rigorous process and regulatory standards are required, including standards such as ARP-4754, DO-178B/C, DO-160 and Mil Standards
* Atlassian tools experience (JIRA, Confluence, Git)
* DOORs / DOORS NextGen tools experience
* Matlab / Simulink experience is desired
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, investigate and solve problems, work across multi-discipline teams, and to recommend solutions to complex system level problems
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required/US Citizenship is required
Valid through: 10/19/2021