The Wireless Products Group is seeking a Program Project Engineer (PE) who will work independently to carry out the responsibility for the daily management and execution of hardware and software sustainment projects, including performance, cost and schedule. Tasks include full lifecycle development from proposal development to site deployment. The PE manages and ensures quality development of work plans, milestone review briefings, technical orders, drawings, and engineering change proposals. The Project Engineer interfaces with the customer, communicating frequently on project progress and ensuring that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications. As a team leader, the Project Engineer provides leadership in support of design reviews, technical interchange meetings, progress reviews, installation/test readiness reviews, informal/formal testing, product installation, development of related deliverables, and configuration audits.
- Develops, presents, and delivers comprehensive presentations to the project team, upper management, and customer personnel in a clear and concise manner.
- Identifies and assess project challenges and develops/recommends solutions for presentation to management.
- Develops, monitors and statuses detailed, resource loaded MS Project schedules.
- Uses EVMSreports including Business Objects and MPM to manage project performance.
- Develops and delivers formal project documentation & artifacts.
- Develops, manages, and maintains all aspects of project-level risks, including mitigation, costing and planning.
- Ensures Incentive Fee criteria are clearly understood by all project personnel and integrated into project planning and execution.
- Develops statements of work for subcontractors and ensures performance of those subcontractors.
- Develops statements of work, technical volumes, project plans and schedules, and fee incentives; estimate resource and material needs. Orchestrate artifacts via collaboration among engineering and support staff.
- Develops integrated project plans, and documents functional and technical specifications/requirements for project deliverables based on operational analysis and engineering requirements.
- Complies with established Harris policies and procedures.
- Reviews, interacts and complies with program level internal operating procedures (ISO/CMMI).
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- BS degree in Engineering or Science discipline and 6+ years of relevant work experience, OR, MSdegree in Engineering or Science discipline and 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing and managing schedules and budgets (using earned value management system, EVMS).
- Prior experience with proposal development.
- Able to travel to support programs at other Harris sites occasionally.
- Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government securityinvestigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.