Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
We are recruiting for a Windows Server Administrator to join our Information Systems team.
This position is responsible for Infrastructure installation and administration within Kindred’s Windows Server environment. Serves on projects that require the department’s involvement. Works with senior team members to expand and upgrade our existing infrastructure. Some nights and weekends will be required.
- Participates departmental projects, ensuring that projects are clearly defined, systematically executed, fully documented, and business results oriented. Adherence to Project Managementprocesses and standards within Kindred are required.
- Supports/contributes/performs operational procedures and standards within assigned department with business objectives in mind, according to vendor best practices.
- Utilizes problem management techniques to perform root cause analysis of system failures, and implement corrective actions.
- Adapts and quickly assimilates new and refreshed operating systems/applications as implemented within the Kindred IT Data Center.
- Conducts technical evaluations within assigned departmental areas.
- Solicits feedback and guidance of best practices from manager and senior department team members.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016 administration experience in an Enterprise environment.
- SCCM and SCOM.
- Windows Powershell
- Experience leveraging powershell to automate tasks.
- Outlook Web Access.
- Microsoft Exchange 2007, 2010 and Exchange 2013.
- Competent in supporting Exchange 2010 and 2013 DAG’s.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013.
- Veritas Enterprise Vault Email Archiving.
- Lync 2013 Server and Client (Skype for Business).
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Exchange and Outlook issues.
- Competent in providing direction and education on departmental procedures/policies/standards to less experienced departmental team members.
- Ability to work independently on Enterprise sized projects with minimal supervision.
- MCSA or MCSE in Private Cloud.
- Experience supporting Cisco Ironport Email Security.
- Experience supporting Trend Micro ScanMail for Exchange.
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions. Specific experience integrating and assimilating legacy application environments, in to the acquiring company’s infrastructure.
- Expert in the use of industry standard Project Management Methodologies and tools.
- Fluent understanding and the ability to articulate fundamental concepts and terms related to IT operating systems, infrastructure and middleware to other engineers, vendors, and our customers.
- Required supportexperience and/or current working knowledge in the following areas depending on assigned IT Operating Systems departments:
- Windows server operating system’s (Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012)
- Microsoft Systems Center (2007, or 2012)
- HP Servers
- Active Directory
- Troubleshooting client server issues in a distributed environment.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: <5%.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years working in an IT department.
- 4+ years leading and participating in departmental projects within the core technical areas supported by IT Operating Systems.