Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We are the performance and operations team supporting one of FIS’ core banking platforms. Modern Banking Platform (MBP) is a next-generation core built on FIS’ 50+ years of fintech experience. MBP is a cloud-enabled, containerized, open and secure modernization solution.
What you will be doing
Under the direct supervision of the Performance engineering Manager, you will perform Modern Banking Platform (MBP) batch job performance analysis and optimization, MBP database preparation, MBP batch job configuration, Test instrumentation, Test scripting, Test execution and coordination with an integrated FIS test team for intricate online and batch scalability tests.
- Is responsible for the design and preparation of simulated data and scrambled production data for characterizing MBP batch processing workloads.
- Is responsible for conducting MBP batch workload test scenarios, analyzing results, and communicating issues and findings.
- Supports internal environment preparation tasks on: Oracle database instances, MBP/Openshift Batch PODs, other environments as needed.
- Implements 3rd party tools such as Dynatrace for performance analysis
- Submits problem tickets (JIRAs) and coordinates with development SMEs to optimize non-performing batch jobs.
- Helps with client/production issues as needed to optimize long-running batch jobs in critical production environments.
- Participates in activities that will advance self and the company; acts in a manner that is professional and representative of the company.
- Is responsible for proactively documenting all work and work flows; regularly transfers knowledge to peers and supervisors.
- Performs other duties as required.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Strong foundational knowledge of various scripting languages including Perl, Korn, Bash, etc.
- Proven experience utilizing strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work on-call as needed
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages such as Java or C
- Basic knowledge in database systems like Oracle or SQL Server
- Performance optimization/performance diagnostic skills
- Troubleshooting and triage experience