CSG’s vision is to enable our client’s growth with leading business solutions and services that maximize every customer interaction. In SAND, we contribute to that vision by creating and scheduling processes to efficiently load data, extract data and transfer data internally and externally to our customers. CSG’s SAND Team is currently hiring a Systems Programmer / Systems Analyst to design, develop, implement and support their processes. The SAND team is in the process of modernizing our environment – moving our processing to the cloud, interfacing / utilizing AWS S3 storage, enhancing our web pages and reporting / file tracking pages and providing additional self-service interfaces. This team is committed to continuous improvement in how processes are written / developed. We hire like-minded individuals that thrive in such an environment.
Ideal candidates will have a passion and dedication to developing high quality processes and solutions in a dev-ops culture employing agile development practices. As a Systems Programmer / Systems Analyst, you will be playing a critical role in building processes / solutions and collaborating with other teams to ensure the customer needs are met. If this position interests you and you want to challenge yourself to grow and contribute significantly to team, in a team driven environment then CSG’s SAND team is the place for you.
- Design, develop, test, implement, and support solutions to process scheduling, data transfer requests and business reporting needs.
- Focus on high-end, reliable, performance, and scalable solutions with a strong focus on the customer and delivering value.
- Actively participate in a self-organized agile development team to prioritize and manage a large workload of development, maintenance, and support activity, and to continuously deliver high-quality results.
- Perform troubleshooting and resolve issues working with client support and operations partners as necessary – sometimes in non-business hours.
- Adhere to CSG and team policies and practices of secure development, code management, change management, and incident management.
- Learn and adapt to new technologies as necessary.
- AA/BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Perl, Python, SQL and C/C++/Pro*C
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Skills and Experiences bringing instant value to the team:
- *nix OS skills and experience (preferably RHEL7) including shell scripting skills
- Work experience with relational databases.
- Working knowledge of SVN/Git or other source-code version control system
Skills and Experiences that support the vision and direction of the team:
- Significant development experience in several of the following: Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Jenkins, BladeLogic
- Skills, experience and passion for continuous integration, test automation, automated deployments, and monitoring/alerting telemetry on the systems you deliver
- Knowledge and experience in cloud-based database and storage options (preferably AWS)
- Experience building and deploying code in AWS
You will be a great fit for this role if you:
- Possess many of the skills and experiences outlined above
- Enjoy working collaboratively and helping those others around you grow
- Can be autonomous and self-driven in an agile environment
- Get things done
- Get inspired on a daily basis, thinking of new ideas and sharing them with others
- Are willing to take risks, fail fast, and recover quickly
- Already possess and embody CSG’s core values to:
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Inventive
- Be Authentic
- Be a Good Person