- Assist with installation of computing systems software, including operating systems upgrades and other software installs as needed.
- Monitoring systems performance as needed.
- Work with the team on problem solving exercises involving systems infrastructure software.
- Debugging application.
- Assist with maintenance and monitoring of daily systems maintenance jobs.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation.
- Provide support for enterprise disaster recovery of the mainframe environment.
- Provide on-callsupport for mainframe system problems on a rotating basis.
- z/OS Systems Programming skills with an emphasis on installation, maintenance and on-going support.
- Experience with DB2, CICS installation, maintenance and support.
- z/OS, JES2, Unix System Services, Parallel Sysplex, SMP/E, DFSMS (SMS, HSM, RMM), MQ, TCPIP, VTAM, RACF, HCD, IODF, WLM, SCLM
- Assembler, REXX, CLIST, Cobol, ISPF dialogs
- BMC products - Mainview for z/OS, CICS, DB2, CMF, Automated Operations, Other ISV product maintenance and support
- IMS Systems Programming experience is a big plus, but not required
- I-Series desired is a plus
- z/VM and z/Linux a plus
- Associates degree in Information Technology field or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in applications programming or related responsibilities.
- Working knowledge and experience with relevant operating systems and corollary infrastructure components.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Able to function both independently and in a team environment.
- On call availability.
- Able to demonstrate success in a high volume environment.
- Knowledge ofinfrastructuremaintenance best practice processes and formal change-management procedures.
Why work for American National?
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Career advancement
- Professional Development
- Team Oriented Atmosphere