Alltech is an award winning provider of IT services with nationwide project capabilities. Since 1994, Alltech’s focus on quality support to the Federal Government and Government Integrators has led it to become a leader in the Federal Services marketplace.
Alltech is seeking a Systems Programmer to join our team in New Carrollton, MD.
Security Clearance: Active IRS MBI is Highly Preferred!
Systems Programmer Analyst to assist in planning, programming, analyzing, installing, and tuning Operating Systems, storage systems, and automated operations software. Provides guidance on implementing the latest vendor technologies. Works independently and implements complex project plans and upgrades or replaces complex local code implementations, particularly Account Location Number (ALN) code.
- Job Duty 1: z/VM Systems Programmer - Provide systems programmersupport for development. The support included z/VM and third party product installation and support. 30%
- Job Duty 2: z/TPF Support - Attend project meetings and provided assistance with ad-hoc file searches and reports using batch data as needed. 30%
- Job Duty 3: Batch Support - Provide support for Batch that included technical advice on automation, JCL, scheduling, storage, and problem resolution. 25%
- Job Duty 4: Disaster Recovery Support - Provide Batch Disaster Recovery support and maintained the Batch Disaster Recovery Plan. 10%.
- Job Duty 5: MiscellaneousSupport Duties - Assist programmers with TSO, established and maintained procedure to produce z/TPF Sub-Capacity Reports. 5%
- z/VM Systems Programmer
- zTPF experience/knowledge.
- Z/OS, TSO, and automation support
- JCL, scheduling, storage, and problem resolution experience
- Disaster Recovery Support
- IRS MBI
- 5years of professional experience in z/VM Systems Programming and Support