NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Think you know NCR? Think again!
Not only are we the leader in the markets and technology segments we serve, we serve the most exciting and dynamic customers in the world. And we put them at the center of everything we do. Our mission in life is to enable our customers to exceed their goals – from customer satisfaction, to revenue growth, to operational excellence, to profit growth – our solutions cover all of these.
By continually learning about—and pioneering—how the world interacts and transacts, we’re helping companies not only reach their goals, but also change the way all of us shop, eat, travel, bank and connect. Together, we are shaping the future. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Are you a pre-sales solution engineer with the agility and the creativity to lead a comprehensive technical solution strategy, while addressing technology issues, assessing customer IT infrastructure and determining the technology needed to insure customer adoption of the proposed solution?
We’re seeking a versatile technical and business oriented pre-sales consultant with experience developing business opportunities, building customer solution mapping, establishing C-level relationships with the customer’s technical leadership and working closely with the customer-facing teams. The primary objectives of this position are to drive increase in market share, revenue growth and increase in customer satisfaction.
As a pre-sales solutions engineer, you will partner with the Account Executive in planning and prioritizing opportunities for utmost productivity and efficiency, while overseeing the Professional Services engagement at the right time with the right resources.
If you have proven experience in pre-sales/customer-facing/technical roles with 5+ years in the retail industry and exceptional customer-focus and bias for action, we want to talk to you.
- Jointly create, manage and execute account plans side by side with the Account Executives, by taking lead on key technical initiatives, be introduced to key technical stakeholders in each account, and create a solution plan according to initiatives and objectives
- Validate software, hardware and services pricing and margins based on the scope of work.
- Engage Professional Services in opportunities after forming a clear solution plan.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor’s activities
- Communicate and reportinternally on opportunity status and plan ahead using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at customer meetings and internal sessions with other company functions, as necessary.
- Influence buyers on product offering new / improved products / innovation within the industry
- Focus on upselling while acting as a technical advisor to customers within remit.
- Work with and drive the Customer Solution Engineers team (CSE) to ensure the right personnel are aligned for specific product demos and presales discussions.
- Influence product development and enhancements using gathered intelligence to enhance internal practices and processes, achieving genuine sales development.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in pre-sales/customer-facing/technical roles
- Previous customer-facing experience selling software, hardware and services.
- Working with large retailers as a service provider, software provider or consultant.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Travel up to 50%
Self-motivated & self-driven motivated passion for the industry and products
- “Make it happen” team player
Able to achieve organizational objectives through effective planning, punctuality, organizational, coordination, decision making, and time management skills
Results-orientated with a positive outlook
Clear focus on high quality and business profit
Reliable, tolerant and determined
Adaptable to change in a fast- moving environment
5+ years of retailexperience.