In the hospitality industry, people matter.
That's why here at Choice we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and more complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well. At Choice we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, training and a collaborative workplace atmosphere that makes us a great place to bring together people, brands, and technology that enable success.
Are we looking for you?
Performance Engineer is a hands-on role on Cloud Platform team. You will act as a SME on various technologies within the Observability domain including logging, tracing and metrics and drive the rollout of these capabilities to meet and exceed the needs of our customers – our internal application development teams. You will be evaluating AWS Cloud specific and various Open Source technologies in the Observability space, working alongside the Cloud Architect/Principle Systems Engineers, to help drive adoption of these capabilities in a secure, agile and cost-conscious manner. You will be responsible for coaching and mentoring other team members and ensuring team is ready to support and evolve Cloud Platform services and tools at all times. Continuous learning is a key expectation of this role.
What you will do…
- Own specific services, tools & procedures in the Observability domain (i.e. logging, metrics & tracing) end to end – responsible for understanding the customer requirements & designing/developing/implementing solutions to meet their needs
- Support migration of all our on-prem applications to AWS cloud, ensuring these applications are meeting Observability requirements and best practices
- You will be driving the strategy, R&D, implementation and rollout of technologies in the Observability space
- Coaching and mentoring of other team members on these technologies and have your own learning roadmap
Skills you have…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline.
- 5 years of related experience in supporting system performance, monitoring & alerting needs of an application, infrastructure and networking teams. At least 2 years of experiencesupporting these needs in a cloud environment. AWS certification, or related industry certification, is preferred
- Hands-on Experience with AWS security, identity and compliance related disciplines such as IAM, Security Groups, S3 bucket policies, etc.
- Expertise in managing one or more of the following tools/technologies:
- Black-box monitoring tools:
- Log Aggregation (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Tracing (OpenTracing, ISTIO, Zipkin)
- Profiling (Jprofiler)
- White-box monitoring tools:
- APM (AppDynamics)
- Synthetic Monitoring (Dynatrace)
- Network (Solarwinds, Orion)
Expertise in the following areas:
- Hands-on development experience in Java or Python
- Software development toolkit – Git, Jenkins
- Deployment automation – Puppet, Salt
- Web service protocols such as Rest, SOAP