At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers' technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer's mission and the user's reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
- Perform system administration of operating systems, client software, patch application, and driver installation IAW MAJCOM or AFNETOPS requirements/procedures and representatives.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the family of GCCS equipment, including remote and on-site systems administration, systems engineering and database administration.
- Perform verification of compatibility and interoperability of system changes through operational testing and evaluation.
- Perform transitioning and migration to new system releases (major and minor version upgrades, patches and service packs).
- Provide feedback and support to GCCS developers when required.
- Provide system administration related support for GCCS-J COP, GCCS-AF DCAPES, GCCS-AF LOGFAC, and other databases, management structures, and security functional areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, or technical field. Seven years (7) on the job experience/expertise can be substituted for Bachelor's Degree. Of these seven (7) years, two (2) must be related to C4 programs.
- 5+ years of experience providing information systems administration support, and two (2) years of experience providing technical expertise and support for C4 programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency maintaining the following systems and platforms: Oracle, UNIX, Solaris OS, ACAS, VMWare, NetApp.
- Demonstrated expertise with Network Infrastructure to include Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Firewall, Router, Switches, IAVA Patching/Upgrade, Documentation and SOP, Failover/Coop.