Tacoma Power, Utility Technology Services Section is accepting applications for a Systems Management Supervisor to supervise the staff which supports the operationalcomputing systems and related services supporting the data and operations of the utility. This position supervises nine full-time employees, including technical engineering leads responsible for Computing Infrastructure; Operational Systems Administration; and the Senior IT Analyst responsible for Business Systems Support.
- Organizing the Systems Management workgroup efforts
- Making commitments of resources to meet customers' needs
- Developing the skills of individuals in operational computing systems
- Developing Computer Systems engineering practices, methodologies, operational performance metrics, standards and guidelines
- Initiating and managing contractual agreements for new, replacement, upgrade, maintenance and support of major computing infrastructure, middleware, and application software
- Participating in the biennium capital, and operating and maintenance budget development process
- Participating in internal technology governance teams, external vendor technology advisory committees and relevant industry forums
- Oversee and ensure compliance with the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Reliability Standards as applicable policy
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent education to include computer applications and systems management;
- 5+ years experience in organizational computing systems software development and systems administration/configuration management;
- Certification in Cisco (CCNA), Microsoft, CISSP, Project Management Institute, or equivalent desired;
- Current computing systems design, application security and high reliability systems architecture;
- Supervisory/management skills desired.
Job Number 5249-19