The D. E. Shaw group seeks a systems engineer with Linux experience to join its Infrastructure Engineering team. This is a hands-on, technical role on a cross-platform engineering team that’s responsible for core technology infrastructure in an inclusive, collaborative, and engaging working environment.
Who We Are
What We Do
How To Join
What you’ll do day-to-day
Infrastructure Engineering designs and maintains the firm's operating systems, authentication systems, databases, virtualization infrastructure, core network services, cloud integration, and messaging and endpoints on Windows and Linux in both our internal- and external-facing environments. This engineer will be tasked with the design, implementation, and integration of infrastructure systems, particularly, though not exclusively, Linux-based systems.
Who we’re looking for
- Applicants should have a degree in computer science (or another technical discipline) and comparable experience of up to five years.
- Candidates should have excellent troubleshooting capabilities and experience with diagnostic/tracing tools. An in-depth knowledge of Linux-based operating systems and associated configuration management tools is required. Experience with automated build, software deployment, and CI/CD systems is highly desirable.
- Development experience in Python is required. Experience with Rust, Java, C, Go, and C# is also preferred but is not required.
- Experience maintaining infrastructure related to DNS, DHCP, Kerberos, and Kubernetes, and a working knowledge of network protocols, information security concepts, databases, large-scale storage, and Windows/Linux interoperation is preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills are imperative, as the role will entail significant interaction with different departments in the firm.