Systems Integration / Test Engineer Senior Staff / Leadership / Planning
Job Description :
Multifaceted test equipment lead engineer capable of leading a TE team of 8-15 engineers in meeting technical requirements and functional command media.
Responsible for all cost, schedule, technical and risk management aspects of development, fabrication, and sustaining test equipment for a complex missile system, including electrical, mechanical, and software tasks.
Job is to lead a TE team to develop, implement, and sustain test stations for CCA through All Up Round levels.
Capable of creating, planning and executing an aggressive test equipment development and risk reduction plans.
Experience with and capable of interfacing with external suppliers and internal program customers, including manufacturing sites in Ocala, FL and Troy, AL. Ability to write code in NI products.
-Capable of creating, planning and executing an aggressive test equipment development and risk reduction plans.
-Experience managing budgets of >$5M, development schedules and EVMS is preferred.
-Experience with and capable of interfacing with external suppliers and internal program customers, including manufacturing sites in Ocala, FL and Troy, AL.
-Main POC with key hardware suppliers. Develop SOWs and work with subcontracts management to ensure that supplier related acquisitions are progressing on schedule and within budget.
Specific Technical Skills/responsibilities:
- Ten years of experience designing test equipment and software for electro-optical and electro-mechanical systems required, 5 years of team management desired.
- Working knowledge of missiles and missile seekers interfaces.
- Experience working in a lab and factory environment is required.
- Ability to read and write specifications, statements of work and guide team through MFC TE design process (e.g. the PDP)
- Ability to design in collaboration with internal and external manufacturing and support functions.
Must be able to estimate and plan activities and report status.
Strong electrical and SW capabilities related to Test Equipment.
- Working knowledge of collimators and blackbodies. PWB (printed wiring board) Design, Schematic Capture programs like ORCAD/CADANCE/MENTOR GRAPHICS. Electro Optical Testing Background including optical path design, integration, analysis, validation and verification
- Familiar with optical alignment measurement equipment and techniques
- Test Software includes C, C++, C#, NI TestStand, NI LabVIEW, NI LabWindows CVI, Visual Studio, Matlab, Windows and LINUX operating systems.
- Bachelor's degree in EE or related discipline.