Job Description :
As a member of the Structural Test Team within the Lockheed Martin Ground Test Labs located in Marietta, GA, the selected candidate will provide engineering support to our full scale and component static and durability test operations.
The candidate’s primary tasks will be to:
• Read and interpret mechanical drawings for strain gage installation to provide oversight and direction to shop on gage orientation and installation, and to record requisite installation data
• Understand a Data Acquisition System (DAS) to with sufficient detail to provide direction for gage wiring and patching, entering Engineering Units conversion factors, participate in confidence testing and troubleshooting
• Understand a Load Control System (LCS) to configure load and displacement measurement devices for connection to the LCS, enter Engineering Units conversion factors, participate in confidence testing and troubleshooting
• Operate a test on a daily basis directed by written Procedures. This includes test startup, test operation and observation of key parameters while test is progressing.
• When a test problem occurs provide perspective/observations to the cognizant engineer to aid in determining if test should be restarted or suspended pending further review
• Offload test data daily and review for quality (by procedure) prior to delivery to Customer
• Participate in daily post run discussions to understand data anomalies that occur during test
• Participate in test article inspection activities
• Participate in other various structural, hydraulic and pneumatic setup and operational activities as needed
As work load within the Structural Test Team varies, the selected candidate may support other lab groups such as the Low Speed Wind Tunnel, Mechanical Test, and Systems Test (for example) within the Ground Test Labs on an as needed basis where candidate’s qualifications are commensurate with the needs of the other groups.
The candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, engage as a team player and be willing to participate in building strong working and teaming relationships.
• Be willing and able to support extended and off shift work schedules, On Call requirements and share the department work load
• Be willing and physically able to support testing in various environments and heights, and requiring physical agility to maneuver within the test frame environment
• With training, be willing and able to work in hazardous laboratory environments and with hazardous chemicals/materials and follow all Personal Protective Equipment and Safety requirements
• Be willing and able to work in a laboratory environment independently or with other team members
• Be able to effectively document technical data within test reports and accurately convey technical data in meetings and reviews
Must be a US Citizen, this position will require a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with a practical and working knowledge of both analog and digital systems demonstrated through college coursework, internships and/or as a hobbyist or related technical degree.
• Be able to design and build basic electrical circuits to interface to analog and digital control systems and data systems.
• Knowledge of LABView or similar programming language
• Knowledge of MatLab
• Knowledge of Excel, specifically using macros in VBA to accomplish desired results
• Basic understanding of how strain, stress, and material characteristics affect Structural Test data.
• Knowledge of process control and automation principles including PID and other control system algorithms.
• Windows based OS background including VBScript and OS interfacing of systems.
• Familiarity with MTS AeroPro ® software and Agilent data systems
• Interested in hobbyist electronic pursuits using hand and design tools to accomplish a personal project.
• Comfortable with the use of hand tools in personal pursuits to complete a working electronics design and build project.
• Have demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills to interface with multifunctional teams
• Have good communication skills (written & oral)
• Have a clear understanding of how practical Physics effects test data, observations, and performance