LinQuest is seeking a Systems Integration Lead to join our team at the Los Angeles AFB, CA. You will work on the systems engineering and integration (SE&I) contract in support of the US Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), Launch Enterprise Systems Directorate (SMC/LE). This effort includes overarching integration of launch and range programs which will require interfacing with both the EELV and any future SMC/LE launch systems.
SMC/LE is the guardian of assured access: launching when and where the nation needs it. SMC/LE's vision statement is to be the most respected and innovative space lift team, delivering mission success while enabling a robust U.S. launch industry This capability provides assured access to space for the nation. SMC/LE's mission also includes mission assurance and launch safety.
The position is full time on-site at Los Angeles AFB and requires an active DoD TS/SCI. You will work onsite, co-located and closely integrated with the Government Customer.
- Overarching systems integration effort for launch verification and integration with associated launch support systems across all existing and new acquisition programs falling under SMC/LE and the EELV enterprise.
- Conduct of concept trade studies for launch and other relevant subjects as determined by SMC/LE
- Support of Mission Manifest Office (MMO) operations relating to mission manifesting. These activities may involve supporting MMO cooperation with DoD, Intelligence Community, Civil, and Commercial agencies
- Support to AFSPC studies and Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) for future launch systems (e.g., Space Enterprise Vision/Space Warfighting Construct)
- The development, technical assessment, and update of SMC/LE launch service acquisition strategies, request for proposals, and supporting documentation for USG review
- Providing of master schedules that integrate acquisition tasks for new EELV contracts as required
- Support to continuous innovation and process improvement to include ongoing assessments of SMC/LE performance and recommendation of innovative ways to improve that performance
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning for launch integration
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Development of launch integration plans
- Clear and concise written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, recommendations and options to the customer
- Ability to coordinate with numerous stakeholders/customers from DoD agencies to commercial industry
- Knowledgeable in the use and application of MS Office suite – specifically project, word and excel
- Project or Acquisition Management
- Participation in launch readiness assessments
- Ability to work in a constrained environment, under pressure with multiple deadlines and deliverables
- Detail oriented and the ability to organize, prioritize and address multi program schedules simultaneously
- BS degree in electrical or mechanical or aerospace engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline
- 10+ years of relevant experience in launch integration
- An active TS/SCI is requred to be considered for this position
- Detail oriented and the ability to organize, prioritize and address multiple program schedules simultaneously
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of new tools that may be used in future LE activities
- MS in electrical or mechanical or aerospace engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline
- Participation in USAF launch processing
- Experience with DoD or USAF acquisition processes