At gTech's Users and Products team (gUP), our mission is to help users get the most out of Google. We represent the voice of Google's users and many of our partners globally, sharing insights with the larger Google organization to enable exceptional customer and product experiences.
gUP builds innovative solutions that take user experience and engagement with Google to the next level, supporting users across products, countries, cultures, incomes, and identities. We advocate for users through partnerships with product areas at Google (and some Alphabet businesses), supporting Google's consumer products ecosystem and enabling numerous launches for Google's consumer products each year.
The Google gTech Users and Products (gUP) team's mission supporting Google Assistant is two-fold: first, help bring Google Assistant to 3rd party devices and services, and second, aim to make mobile web faster and more engaging for millions of users through close partnerships with Google's customers.
As a Systems Integration Engineer, you'll be the interface between external system-integration partners who help embed Google Assistant for some of our largest partnerships, and internal stakeholders such as the Partner Technology Manager, Partner Engineers and Google Engineering teams. You'll leverage technology to impact quality, velocity, scale and sustainability of these integrations. From conceptualization, early pilots, post-launch and scaling, you'll oversee, troubleshoot and build tools/systems for the technical integration of Google Assistant on one or more surfaces.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech's role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers' complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video .
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience writing and managing system and technical requirements, including systems design and coding utilizing C/C .
- Cloud and server architecture experience, specifically gRPC/HTTP/Networking/Java.
- Experience with embedded system development.
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments including shell scripting.
- Experience with product development, open source contributions, and driving consensus across stakeholders with diverging interests.
- Knowledge of ARM, Linux kernel, and device drivers.
- Ability to adapt to fast moving environments with evolving deadlines and communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Identify and solve Assistant-related technical integration issues on partner devices, using a deep domain expertise on the relevant surfaces and their underlying platforms/services. - Identify and build new tools, systems, infrastructure and processes that can improve the overall launch quality and velocity from a technical integration perspective, that improves overall partner engineering productivity. - Balance the needs between quick solutions for critical, time-driven pilots with that of building scalable, sustainable approaches expanding on program success and post-launch maintainability. - Advocate towards using better technology/tools/systems as a means to solve deeper integration challenges.