LinQuest Corporation is searching for a Senior Systems Integration Engineer to work on the mission systems engineering and integration (MSE&I) contract in support of the Space Development Agency (SDA). The role of the MSE&I Contractor is to provide the infrastructure and effort required, under the Tranche 0 Program Office direction, to ensure that the Tranche 0 Tracking, Transport, and Ground Segments operate in unison to support Warfighter mission scenarios and experiments.
SDA is responsible for defining and monitoring the DoD's future threat-driven space architecture and accelerating the development and fielding of new military space capabilities necessary to ensure our technological and military advantage in space for national defense.
The position is full time in Los Angeles, CA and requires an active TS/SCI clearance. You will work as part of a geographically distributed, networked team.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop and subsequently follow process and practices documented in the System Engineering Management Plan (SEMP)
- Identify and assess instances when cost, schedule, risk and technical baselines are not aligned or when baselines or products are not in compliance with the change control actions;
- Identify, manage and coordinate issues (e.g., hardware/software/ interfaces/timing between segments) to closure;
- Identify and resolve issues that arise during Segment Program and Tranche 0 events, meetings, and boards.
- Deliver and maintain a Tranche 0 Master Schedule integrated with appropriate links to the Segment delivery schedules reflecting integration specific tasks, programmatic interfaces, System task interrelationships, deliverables, and system/Tranche 0 integration activities on a commercially available scheduling system;
- Identify and report on critical paths (e.g., first, second, and third tier), risks to these critical paths, and schedule drivers, and work issues to closure with all affected parties;
- Maintain a Giver/Receiver list coordinated with each segment and external partners;
- Evaluate SV Contractor plans and schedules for disconnects between programs, develop closure plans, work with stakeholders to resolve issues, use integration forums to request Government decisions needed to close issues, and report on issue closure.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment within the space and LV industries.
- Familiar with space/mission system integration
- Ability to work with MS Project schedules and associated tools and integrate multiple schedules.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Have very good organization and planning skills
- Clear and concise written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, recommendations and options to the customer
- Ability to coordinate with numerous stakeholders/customers from DoD agencies to commercial industry
- Knowledgeable in the use and application of MS Office suite – specifically project, word and excel
- Detail oriented and the ability to organize, prioritize and address multi program schedules simultaneously
- Ability to learn and adapt to the use of new tools that may be used in future SDA and MSE&I activities
- Familiar with integration of new technologies into warfighter environments, systems, system interfaces, operations, and engagement exercises. This includes planning, demonstrations, accreditations, and logistics.
- BS degree in electrical, mechanical or aerospace engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline
- 8+ years of relevant experience in space mission/system integration and/or schedule integration
- Work with FFRDC personnel (e.g., Aerospace Corporation)
- US Citizenship and an active DoD SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required to be considered for this position
- MS in electrical or mechanical or aerospace engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline
- System integration in context of evolving program with multiple major contracts;
- Familiar with DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) policy, practices, and standards related to space systems and supporting ground systems.