LogicMonitor is empowering tomorrow's IT today through our SaaS based infrastructure monitoring platform.
We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents a balance between passion for rockstar work output and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
You'll be working right in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. If you’re feeling stressed or maybe just competitive, play some ping pong or take the company up on one of its many sponsored recreational activities (think: yoga, soccer, rock climbing). With offices in Austin, Singapore, London, and booming Chengdu, China, LogicMonitor’s global pulse makes it the place to be!
What You'll Do:
Are you fascinated by the inner workings of technology systems? Can you solve one-off technical problems with little or no guidance? Are you gifted with both technical know-how and the attention to detail to deliver an excellent product and customer experience? The Monitoring Engineer role isn’t a standard off-the-street Software Engineering role. You’ll be in a unique position to design, create, document, review and maintain the “secret sauce” of our Product - LogicModules. LogicModules are the scripts, plugins, and techniques that our product uses to automatically detect and collect metrics and metadata from servers, networks, storage systems, applications, and anything else we can pull data out of. You’ll partner with customers as well as internal departments to ensure our monitoring is comprehensive and provides actionable information.
Ready to step outside of your comfort zone? Your deep understanding of our software solution and what makes it great means that you’ll get to work closely with Marketing to help tell our story and demonstrate our value. In addition to generating basic marketing content for new technologies, you’ll have opportunities to write technical blogs, conduct webinars, and even work the LogicMonitor booth at a tech conference.
Here’s a closer look at the duties in this exciting role:
- Continually develop deep understanding of LogicMonitor platform to devise new monitoring techniques
- Use your understanding to design, create, and improve LogicModules, which provide the core monitoring functionality of our product
- Work cooperatively with Customer Success, Product, and Engineering and Sales teams to deliver appropriate solutions that align with company objectives
- Provide exceptional service to customers during the course of development (timely emails and calls to clients, professional/courteous services, etc.)
- End-to-end management of the LogicModule development process – equal parts art, science, and empathy
- Educate colleagues and customers by creating both internal and customer-facing documentation
What You'll Need:
- 1-3 years experience in IT, either in system and/or network administration
- Understanding of IT operations infrastructure and how the various roles are related (networks, servers, storage devices, databases, applications, etc.)
- Passion for technical problem solving with IT systems and networks
- Ability to do independent research on unfamiliar technologies and digest that knowledge into monitoring strategy
- Enjoy technical problem solving (so fun!)
- Able to quickly develop competencies in new technologies
- Skilled researcher: able to find, categorize, assess, and test information
- Judicious: capable of thoughtful analysis of the costs and benefits of various solutions, with an eye towards maximizing utility
- Persistent: aggressive in conceiving alternative approaches when an initial approach fails
- Empathetic: inclined to see problems from the customer's point of view
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ready to step outside your comfort zone solving problems on technology that hasn’t been created yet
If you want to be considered for this great opportunity send us a resume and cover letter explaining to us why you are the best candidate we could ever find and how you fit against the qualifications and requirements described above. And, we're not kidding about needing a cover letter!
We need to hear your voice, your perspective on why this career opportunity is a good match for you. We are passionate about finding the right individual for each and every position, so thanks for taking the extra time to convey your message.