Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
Provide technical support to the Space Launch System (SLS) Spacecraft/ Payload Integration Evolution (SPIE) Element.
- Provide design, development, qualification, and integration expertise for adapters (structural interface between the SLS vehicle and spacecraft/payloads), separation systems (including pyrotechnic devices), and Integrated Spacecraft and Payload Elem ent (ISPE) hardware.
- Provide expertise associated with integrating ISPE hardware with the Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV), Universal Stage Adapter (USA), payload fairings, primary and co-manifested payloads, and secondary payloads. Perform systems engineering activities pertinent to requirements definition/development, interface definitions, integration, integrated tests, and mission operations. Coordinate and work closely with the Johnson Space Center (JSC)/Orion-MPCV Program and prime contractors.
- Maintain awareness of MSFC Engineering in-house design and fabrication activities, and coordinate with MSFC organizations to ensure production meets SPIE schedules and requirements.
- Develop, trace, verify and validate subsystem requirements leading to flight certification. Participate in the development and maintenance of contract end item specifications for subsystems. Support the planning and conductance of SPIE milestone reviews to meet NASA requirements.
- Serve as Change Package Engineer (CPE) and represent the SPIE Element in SLS/SPIE Interface Working Groups (WGs), Product Teams, Trade Studies Requirement Development Teams, Document Tabletops and Milestone Reviews.
Degree in Engineering, Science, Math or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8
years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience.
- Systems integration experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Familiarity with NASA human space flight processes and requirements.