ViaSat is focused on building an exceptional company around exceptional people who are empowered to do what they are good at. We are solving the world’s toughest communications problems. Whether it is mission critical communications, networking, access to real-time ISR, or cutting edge cybersecurity products and services. ViaSat brings together the leadership, experience and technologyrequired to solve for the impossible. We think big, we work smart and we are never done. In the role of Senior Systems & Network Engineer you will help to develop and execute a vision to take ViaSat to a higher level of impact and influence with our customers and the DoD.
To quickly engage and leverage ViaSat’s portfolio, you will use your established relationships in the Defense market space to directly collaboratewith existing ViaSat customers and expand and establish a new and diverse customer base over time. In addition to establishing and maintaining trusted customer relationships; we want you to use your extensive DoD communication background to contribute to business area strategy, to help combine ViaSat technology and capabilities to address customer problems, helping to define product roadmaps, to evaluate and establish partnerships, and to help drive other aspects of operating an innovative, results-driven business. You have a proven track record of developing and implementing strategic plans and building enduring relationships. We are flexible on the location for this position although being located in Tampa or east coast will serve this role best.
- 10+ years of engagement at senior levels across the Army, Special Operations, and other DoD entities
- Proven ability to establish and cultivate strategic relationships while solving complex problems in a dynamic, multi-faceted operational environment
- Experiencecollaborating with current and potential customers on applications for, and the use of, leading edge communications, networking, information technology, and security solutions
- Expert knowledge of communication equipment and technologies employed by Army and SOF (Tactical Radios, Satellite Terminals, Networking equipment)
- Expertise in the design and develop of communication architectures to support Army, Expeditionary, and Special Operation Warfare
- Expertise in Tactical Network design, installation, and operations
- CCNA or CCNP
- US citizenship required.
- Willingness to submit for a US Top Secret Clearance
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Expertise is DoD communication doctrine, technologies, and policies
Experience in navigating the government technology development and capability acquisition process
Experiencewith Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR), Situational Awareness (SA), and satellite communications technologies
Expert knowledge of Expeditionary and Small Unit Tactics, and has held leadership positions in the Army and Special Operations Units with real-world tactical experience
Bachelors in Computer Science, with focus on Computer Networks and Security
US Top Secret Clearance