$80K — $100K *
Systems & Infrastructure Administrator
United States of America
Sika is a specialty chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing, and protecting in the building sector and motor vehicle industry.
Sika has subsidiaries in 100 countries around the world and manufactures in over 300 factories. Sika employs more than 25,000 people and generated sales of CHF 8.1 billion in fiscal 2019. At the end of 2019 Sika won the Swiss Technology Award for a ground breaking new adhesive technology.
Provide the foundation that supports the application, information and business processes for the Information Technology group. Provide accurate configuration information to assist decision making within the infrastructure, other IT functions and Management. Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This position has a high likelihood of evolving into a IT Manager position for the business unit.
1. Infrastructure Security, Health & Maintenance and continues improvement
2. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
3. Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
4. Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
5. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
6. Manage and update Back Up and Disaster Recovery Technical plan as required by the business.
7. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
8. Provide “High Tier” other support per request from various IT support staff. Investigate and troubleshoot issues escalated problems form desktop support team.
9. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
10. Analyze, review and study business requirements to provide Infrastructure specifications and Infrastructure cost for new and changed services; forecast and budget planning.
11. Define how the types of assets and configuration items are to be selected, grouped, classified and defined by appropriate characteristics to ensure that they are manageable and traceable throughout their lifecycle
12. Define the approach to identification, uniquely naming and labeling all the assets or service components of interest across the service lifecycle and the relationships between them
13. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
14. Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
15. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
16. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
17. MPLS/SDWAN configuration, management, and optimization as the business needs change.
Responsibilities gradually undertaken as Admin develops into IT manager
Performs other duties as required.
We Need Your Skills
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Four to six years system administration experience preferred.
Bachelor (4-year) degree a plus, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science; or equivalent experience.
Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
Provides occasional guidance and mentorship, some of which is technical.
Basic Comprehension of General Accounting and general business math for reporting and communication.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of VMware, Fortinet, Cisco switching, Blue Stack, Microsoft 365 and related software suites.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Work Environment Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. Some travel (5-10%) may be required.
Building Trust Every Day
Valid through: 3/26/2021