Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking Systems Hardware Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Description of Position:
Candidate will be part of a two person Hardware/System Administration team responsible for the day-to-day operation of two large legacy Oracle/Solaris-based mission-critical systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor system health
• Troubleshoot system problems
• Maintain storage systems
• Interface with external teams for hardware, network, and infrastructure support
• Provide after-hours on-call/call-in support
• Ensure system security requirements are satisfied
• Participate in engineering discussions
• Create/maintain system scripts
• Patch/upgrade system
• Administer user accounts
• Maintain hardware inventory
• Obtain quotes for service contracts
• Seven (7) years of Systems Administration experience with the combined specific network operating system, hardware, and software experience to be supported is required.
o Specific hardware and software configurations include: HP Blade Servers, CISCO 6500 series switches, Enterprise Class Storage large clustered file system, Oracle clustered file system, Quick File System, WINDOWS O/S and New Technology File System.
o COTS applications include Oracle, HPOpenView, BASIS, Mnemonic software and
o GOTS applications written in C, C++, JAVA and Shell Scripts.
• Experience with network activities including TCP/IP, DNS, and troubleshooting
• Experience with system security including system hardening, IAVA patch insulation, and system scanning
• Experience with setup and maintenance of Fiber channel/storage area networks (SAN)
• Experience with Oracle/Sun enterprise class hardware
• Experience with Oracle/Solaris 10
• Willing to contribute to on-call/after-hours support
• Ability and willingness to work schedule from 7am to 3pm (some ability to flex when pre-coordinated)
• Experience with COMMONVIEW monitoring tool
• Experience with the customer’s power/space/cooling process
• Able to work with vague requirements and flush out with SMEs on team.
• Ability to work in a team environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required Four (4) years of additional system administration experience on projects with similar environments may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.