Systems Field Service Representative for Schneider Electric will handle complex installation, maintenance and repair on customer installed base equipment as well as identify new opportunities while attending customer sites to promote Services growth. The Systems FSR will serve as a mentor to other Field Service colleagues and transfer knowledges within the team; may serve in a coordination or lead role of fellow FSRs with lesser experience.
- · Must be willing to travel 30% - 50%.
- · Must have working knowledge and be able to perform troubleshooting, commissioning, testing and startup of multiple manufacturer's low voltage and medium voltage electrical equipment.
- · Mechanical responsibilities of the position include circuit breaker repair and troubleshooting, switchgear installation, supervision, troubleshooting and repair.
- · Candidate will have completed a two year degree or technical certification in an electrical related program or provide documentation of equivalent work experience as a shop and / or field electrical technician.
- · 8+ yrs. experience preferred. Exhibit knowledge of advanced Electrical Industry manufacturing standards.
- · Proven indirect leadership qualities, i.e., past experience mentoring other team members
This job might be for you if you have experience or knowledge in:
ANSI IEEE device function numbers; ampacities of electrical conductors in switchgear applications; electrical air and surface clearance requirements.
Demonstrate knowledge in the design and manufacture of bus and structural modification projects.
Must have solid understanding of Engineering principles and practices.
Skilled in the art of writing accurate and complete test reports, project summaries and has the ability to explain most of the anomalies found on a given project.
Demonstrate knowledge of basic electrical theory and control circuits i.e.: Ohm's Law; Basic AC and DC theory; contactor and circuit breaker schematics.
Demonstrate knowledge of Complex distribution protective relay testing, hi-pot testing, and breaker function testing. i.e.: testing of over-current and motor protection relays with current injection; acceptance testing of dielectric apparatus using over voltage testing; primary current injection of circuit breakers; mechanical and electrical functional testing of circuit breakers; HV substation, generation testing, Auto throw over schemes (PLC’s} and Variable speed drives..
Experience a must in: