Systems Engrg 4
Lead development of Tactical Radio Communications Systems solutions from initial concepts through execution and delivery with focus on choosing the optimal operating bands given customer requirements for range and data throughput.
This position will include the following responsibilities:
- Developing a system solution based on limited customer concept of operations and communications requirements
- Performing propagation coverage and range analyses
- Ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including informal and derived requirements, into solutions that balance the technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Technical design, system integration, verification and validation, cost, schedule, and risk analysis as the Project Engineer on small programs or in support of the Project Engineer on large programs.
- Performance of detailed design and execution from concept through design, fabrication, test, installation, and operation.
- Work directly with customers, sales team, program management, and product engineering teams.
- Be highly motivated, a self starter, and be able to operate with little supervision in diverse environments
- Directly supervise small technical team to common program or technical goals
- BSEE/BSCE and 9+ years of experience (or Master’s Degree and 7+ years of experience.)
- Design experience with military and/or ad hoc mobile radios and networks.
- Understanding of wireless communications with focus on military, first responders, and homeland security needs.
- Understanding of radio wave propagation, interference and antenna selection
- Basic understanding of radio receiver and transmitter fundamentals and design
- Military tactical radio system architectures (HF, VHF, UHF, Satcom) experience
- Design of radio receivers and/or transmitters
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- International travelexperience, foreign language proficiency a plus
Job ID: CS20180105-24609