Eaton’s Hydraulics Power Motion Control Division is seeking a Systems Engineering Specialist. The Systems Engineering Specialist will be based in Eden Prairie, MN. Positon Overview: The Systems Engineering Specialist will be responsible for developing advanced mechatronic solutions for customer applications and key internal platforms with advanced hydraulic components and controls. You will model, implement, evaluate, validate, and troubleshoot solutions in both the digital domain and physical demonstrators to ensure technical success. Development of production quality controls, fault handling, and documentation to ensure customer wants and needs are met during the commercialization process is needed. This position will require significant cooperation with internal Eaton customers and Eaton personnel in the global regions. Essential Responsibilities:
- Gathers, internalizes, translates, and documents customer input and requirements for projects and technologies.
- Leads the development of hydraulic and control architectures and embedded code for advanced systems that meet or exceed customer expectations relative to the level of maturity of the system.
- Organizes and completes projects using project management methodologies.
- Leads subsystem or vehicle testing and integration activities for baseline testing and solution integration and commissioning.
- Solves highly complex issues that may arise during development with thorough and creative solutions. Produces intellectual property that is unique and innovative to the industry.
- Proactively introduces new methods to improve current processes/procedures and the development of internal reference materials.
- Conducts effective risk analysis and implements actions into product and projects.
- Creates and delivers effective presentations (such as white papers, webinars, and publications) to communicate complex technical proposals and ideas.
- Leads model development of dynamic platform simulations to predict performance, select component sizes, and serve as a controls verification/development tool.
- Proven track record of highly successful outcomes on mechatronics projects.
- Identifies trends impacting system designs and develops strategic recommendations to address them. Anticipates business drivers and uses those to proactively manage project priorities.
- Leads internal technical councils and mentors engineers in the field
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7years of technical experience with mechatronic and/or controls systems.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN will be considered.
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 4years of experience with embedded controls development on mechatronic systems.
- 3years of dynamic modeling experience (prefer Simulink or AMESim)
- 3years of hands-on experience with platform machine architecture design and implementation
- 3years of project management experience across a global organization
- DFSS Green belt/Black belt certification
- Experienceworking with a global team
- Experience with functional safety requirements and systems
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 045674