About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy retains a strong position in the global market due to its state-of-the-art products made possible by a global team of exceptional employees. We are looking for a highly-talented and motivated individual to join us in the field of wind turbine system engineering. The position will be a mid-level to expert level engineer working in our Boulder R&D office helping to design our next generation of wind turbines and developing new cutting-edge technology.
As a Wind R&D System Engineer your primary tasks will include:
- Acting as system level engineer for turbine control features
- Integration of sensors and actuators in the turbine control system
- Contributing to the development of new wind turbine controllers and monitoring functions
- Interfacing with software group to implement design solutions
- Computational and experimental performance analysis of wind turbines
- Planning and performing validation studies to compare computational analysis with measurement data
- Collecting and processing data gathered from field test turbines
- Effective interaction, communication, and collaboration with aerodynamic, electrical, structural and controls engineers in a global team based environment, as well as local test and measurement technicians
Wind R&D System Engineer candidates are required to possess the following:
- MS degree required
- 5+ years engineering experience
- Educational background in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or related engineering field required
- Knowledge of controls theory
- Programming experience in MATLAB, FORTRAN, C/C++, or similar
- Experience handling and performing engineering analysis on large data sets
- Experience in measurement techniques and data analysis, including time-series and spectral analysis
- Strong desire and ability to solve difficult technical challenges through innovation, dedication and cooperation with a global team
- Strong desire to develop and grow under the guidance of senior level engineers
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written reports
- Willing and able to travel internationally
Wind R&D System Engineer candidates are desired to possess the following:
- Knowledge of loads, structures, aeroelasticity, and supporting analysis tools
- Computational modeling experience using wind turbine analysis tools such as Bladed, HAWC, FLEX5 or FAST
- Knowledge of wind turbine design and certification
- Experience specifying and using instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Reliability engineering and probabilistic design background and experience
It is essential that you are able to work and thrive both independently and in a team environment, have a systematic and well-organized approach, and maintain solid oversight of projects.
We offer exciting challenges and career opportunities in an innovative, global company at the leading edge of green technology. Our working environment is open, inspiring, and diverse. We provide opportunities for both your personal and professional development.
Requisition Number: 223498