Advance your career with an industry leader! Hickory, NC
A leading manufacturer of manufacturing machinery and material handling equipment is hiring for an Engineering Manager for the Hickory facility. The Engineering Manager is the key in role in ensuring proper integration of customized machinery into customer sites, top quality products, and optimum customer and team satisfaction. Specific functions of the Engineering Manager involve design, engineering, development, integration support, departmental management, quality engineering, and continuous improvement.
The Engineering Manager will excel with:
- Leading initiatives to maximize company and customer profits and manufacturing efficiencies
- Working closely with the Sales Manager to provide optimal system designs to meet customer needs
- Overseeing the design and fabrication of systems, machines, and components; and inspecting for accuracy
- Evaluating input from field service technicians and customer to optimize machinery design and function
- Working closely with the Service Manager to meet the request and needs of the technical services dept.
- Ensuring proper communication with factory Product Manager for machinery and systems integration
The Engineering Manager will have:
- BS Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Automation
- 4+ years of Engineering Management experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience with custom engineered automated manufacturing or distribution type machinery
- Strong ability to read, create, and interpret electrical schematics
- Expert level in CAD Solidworks, modeling, drafting, and PDM.
- Successful history of troubleshooting systems using root cause analysis
- Familiarity with PLC system design and basic programming
- Proven experience leading continuous improvement projects
- Experience in engineering-to-order business environment
- Ability to travel both domestically & internationally (10%)
The Engineering Manager will be rewarded with:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Potential
- Exceptional benefits package
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- 401k with Match
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Opportunity to make a major impact, you will be recognized for your success!
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship