Systems Engineering Manager - Coastal Carolinas
Systems Engineering Raleigh, North Carolina Charlotte, North Carolina Nashville, Tennessee
Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineering Manager is a technical leader for the district Systems Engineering team. The systems engineers within the district willreport directly to the SEM and the SEM reports directly to a Systems Engineering Director. The SEM will have dotted line responsibility to, and tight alignment with, the District Sales Manager. The SEM will have leadership responsibility for the Systems Engineers with the district and will also have direct customer interaction as the technical leader for the district. It is expected that the SEM can perform all of the functions that a Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineer does including running Evaluations/Proof of concepts. The SEM will act as the Systems Engineering resource for the District Sales Manager in the case where the DSM has a specific set of accounts or territory assigned.
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers into the territory.
- Responsible for training and mentoring new Systems Engineers on the team.
- HR responsibility for Systems Engineers in the territory (expenses, reviews, etc)
- Support field SE team in complex evaluations, troubleshooting, and challenging customer environments.
- Assist with defining periodic SE training curriculum.
- Assist Channel team in ensuring Partner SE’s are trained and can support Palo Alto Networks evaluation installations.
- Foster channel partner relationships with their technical teams.
- Provide technical leadership in customer interactions to include sharing security trends and best practices being employed by other customers to actively be partof the selling process—have a unique value with the customers in your district.
- Act as a floating SE and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict or vacation coverage challenge.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with Key customers in the territory to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business.
- Direct account engagement and customer relationships are a critical part of this role
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ Years’ experience as a pre-sales SEM, or 6+ years as a Sr SEM or Consulting Engineering
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network’s roadmap and technology development efforts.
- The role calls for in-depth knowledge of competitive security products.
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to PAN’s customer base, and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies.
- 50-75% Travel within the region.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.