Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
The Systems Engineering Lead will guide system planning, design, deployment, and support of emerging technologies such as connected and automated vehicles, smart cities, and advanced intelligent transportation systems for the clients the company already has or desires to support in the future. These efforts will support both public and private entities and as they prepare for the new mobility landscape of the future.
- Participate in our connected and automated vehicle and emerging technology practice that focuses on national projects and initiatives
- Provide system engineering planning, analysis, and design for projects related to connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles, smart cities, intelligent transportation systems, and other emerging transportation technologies
- Provide technology systems planning, engineering and design, including the development of, as well as develop requirements and specifications
- Provide thought leadership on the adoption, utilization, and impacts of emerging technologies
- Lead and guide other staff on the system engineering aspects of projects
- Conduct work sessions for design and contract document development in conjunction with other staff
- Provide clients with sound advice and information on local conditions that may require changes in technology or system improvements based on technology advancements
- Work on various phases of projects such as scoping studies, technical studies, preparation of specifications, technical plans, data analysis, system implementation, and validation
- Provide technical consulting and subject matter expertise to clients
- Lead and support the development and responses to RFPs
- Corroborate internal and external business relationships, and recognizes new target opportunities emerging within transportation technologies
- Identify skill gaps and recruit additional staff to support the practice
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Software Engineering, or similar degree. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 7-10 years of related technical experience. Master’s Degree may be substituted for experience.
- Experience leading and supporting projects involving multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience with the USDOT Systems Engineering Process
- Familiarity with Connected and Autonomous Vehicles or Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Proficient in producing proposals and bolstering business development efforts
- Ability to travel approximately 10-20%