:Seeking a motivated and talented individual to help lead a renaissance within the Lockheed Martin Spacecraft and Missile Engineering (S&ME), Systems Engineering Directorate and to fill the position of Director of System Integration, Test, and Mission Operations. The successful candidate will have a vision for improving the practice of Systems Engineering at LM Space and be a key contributor in driving culture change in the areas of systems thinking, employee empowerment, and training the next generation of systems engineers. Your leadership will be key in instantiating a team of technically deep and broad systems engineers who understand that systems engineering, when done well, provides the technical thought leadership on the program and ensures all aspects of the design, as well as the testing, are integrated throughout the entire program lifecycle.
In this position you will report to the S&ME Systems Engineering Director and will be responsible for leading the following 4 departments:
• Space and Missile System Design and Integration
• Test Engineering and Architecture
• Program Integration
• Mission Operations
Primary Organizational Responsibilities:
• Ensure integration between system design and system test
• Work hand-in-hand with the Director of System Architecture and Definition to ensure a cohesive Systems Engineering organization
• Drive efficiency and innovative practices into spacecraft and missile test architecture across LM Space to increase our competitiveness
• Ensure lessons learned are being leveraged across the Enterprise of LM Space
• Implement and lead technical knowledge management to develop and maintain core competencies, key technical skills, knowledge continuity and facilitate career advancement opportunities to employees.
o Especially sustain a pipeline of top notch Electrical Systems Engineers, Mechanical Systems Engineers, and H/W-S/W Integrators
• Work collaboratively with the LOB/Program Executives and leadership to:
o Identify and propagate design technology selection and best-practices
o Ensure technical domain expertise of the entire team, drive process and tool development and deployment.
• Demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership
• Collaboration with program Chief Systems Engineers
• Support new business initiatives
• Ensure standard technical processes are in use on programs
• Support IRAD and CRAD investment strategy and strategic development
• Leverage the digital tapestry and phenomenology in conceptual design through production.
• Enhance the producibility, testability and operability of our solutions
• Ensure excellence in the area of program staffing
• Tactical tasks include items such as the following:
o Approve promotions and requisitions
o Review and approve the selection of tools
o Support the IRB process
o Drive top issues at the Enterprise level to resolution
o Constant communication and interaction with Engineering and Technology Senior Leadership
o Budget and resource management
o Support proposals as required, Red Teams and INARs
• Ensure the programs within LM Space are treated as your primary customer
• Must have 5 years of recent coded Full Spectrum Leadership with proven experience leading employees to perform productively and foster relationships in a cross-functional team environment
• 12 years of technical experience with demonstrated expertise in either Spacecraft or Missile Systems Engineering development, integration and mission operations
• Experience managing technical, schedule and cost for a program or product
• Experience delivering hardware or software to a Spacecraft or Missile System
• 3 years experience in a key role in during the System Test phase of a program for a Spacecraft or Missile product
• Demonstrated ability to try new solutions to problems and be successful doing it
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written with the proven ability to communicate to all levels internally and externally
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve complex and large scale technical issues/challenges
• Related Engineering degree is required
• Must have the ability to obtain SCI and Top Secret clearance levels
• Experience in a leadership role within both Systems Engineering and the ATLO/I&T organization
• Previous experience leading a major change initiative
• Demonstrated experience in developing technical talent and building pipelines to sustain technical expertise within the organization
• Proven experience as a strategic thinker with the ability to translate into action and results.
• Wide variety of customer experience and exposure across LOBs.
• Experience in a position to make high stakes decisions
• Active TS/SCI Clearance Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First
Job ID: 461276BR
Date posted: Nov. 14, 2018
City: Littleton, Sunnyvale
State: California, Colorado