At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The selected individual will lead the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Reentry Flight Test Hardware Builds team.
The Reentry Flight Test Hardware Builds group is a Systems Engineering group responsible for oversight, development and coordination of Reentry Body (RB) hardware builds within the FBM Reentry Systems Directorate. This includes both Reentry Body flight tests off the D5 platform as well as RB ground and submarine tests in support of the Common Missile Compartment (CMC) program.
- The selected individual will lead the group responsible for delivering the hardware builds and related documentation of all Reentry RB projects.
- Responsibilities include oversight of all technical and programmatic (cost, schedule, staffing) aspects of the Reentry RB hardware builds; integration with manufacturing, procurement, quality, flight sciences, and design groups to successfully delivery hardware builds; defining work scope expectations and resource loading; developing employees and coaching.
- Technical efforts will include execution of RB hardware builds, driving closure to failure investigations, supporting RB projects’ design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR etc.), and coordinate with outside organizations on the build and delivery of RBs.
- This position (and the group in general) requires substantial coordination across multiple organizations including various design disciplines, flight sciences, FBM Missile SEIT, contracts, F&BO, other organizations within the Reentry directorate (mechanical, electrical, RF), as well as the SP28 customer.
- Occasional durations of extended work hours will be required.
- The selected individual will report directly to the Sr Manager of Reentry Flight Test Projects & Hardware Builds.
- The position will be located in Sunnyvale until 2022, where a relocation to Denver will be provided to the candidate to move with the program. All employees reporting to this position are located in Sunnyvale, CA however portions of the FBM organization that this position will need to interface with are located in Sunnyvale California, Denver Colorado and Space Coast Florida.
- A key focus area during CY18-CY22 timeframe will be support of FBM reshaping initiative where capability currently located in Sunnyvale California will be relocated to Denver Colorado and Space Coast Florida.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
• Technical Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college
• 5+ years technical systems engineering experience or demonstrated equivalent job experience.
• Ability to meet or exceed individual/team deliverable deadlines.
• Resolving technical challenges requiring integration with cross-functional teams.
• Generating Basis-Of Estimates (BOEs) and providing proposal support.
• Communicating program issues/status to customers, contractors and/or upper management.
• Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives.
• Ability to obtain a Secret.
• Knowledge of the FBM program and Trident II (D5) Reentry Systems.
• Understand manufacturing processes. Knowledge of FBM/Reentry manufacturing processes.
• Successfully managing multiple efforts concurrently
• High level of accountability and a proven track record of meeting commitments
• Risk Management principles and Cost Savings initiatives.
• Secret clearance. Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and Test Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First