ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. We don’t just say “Because Service Matters”, we prove it in working side by side with our customers across a wide range of federal agencies. Each of these agencies is involved in the defense of our country, which matters to all of us as citizens. The service we provide allows them to achieve their very valuable missions. At ZENETEX, we empower our employees to make experience-based decisions for our customers; their hard work and commitment to the mission are both recognized and rewarded.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer with demonstrated experience in systems engineering concepts and defense acquisition. This position is responsible for ensuring USMC platforms and training systems are integrated into the Aviation Live, Virtual, Constructive (LVC) Training Systems (SoS). The candidate will identify system of systems participants, identify and manage system requirements, collaborate with USMC training systems, USMC platform, and other constituent systems’ systems engineers.
- Integration of USMC training systems into the broader LVC Training SoS, including the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) and Aviation Distributed Virtual Training Environment (ADVTE).
- Development of Aviation LVC Training SoS requirements, requirements documents, concepts of operations, concepts of employments, and Model Based Systems Engineering models.
- Participating in Aviation LVC Training SoS Cybersecurity and other security planning and evaluation events such as tabletop assessments, risk assessments, and attack surface assessments.
- Collaborating with SoS USMC stakeholders, including both Aviation and Ground elements where appropriate, to integrate USMC systems into the Aviation LVC Training SoS.
- Development of the Aviation LVC training SoS architecture, including participating in MBSE requirements development efforts and allocation of SoS capabilities to constituent systems.
- Coordinating with constituent system engineers to develop, plan, and cost estimate enhancements of constituent systems to meet SoS requirements.
- Development of SoS management processes and policies.
- Liaising between the Aviation LVC SoS and USMC stakeholders as well as US Army stakeholders when appropriate and necessary to meet Aviation LVC training objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, Mathematician, or equivalent from an ABET-accredited institution.
- Five (5) years of practical experience in systems engineering associated with modeling and simulation within the training and training systems domains.
- Three (3) years of acquisition experience, with two (2) years in DoD program directly supporting Training and/or Training System Acquisition.
- Three (3) years of experience with support engineering functions such as reliability, maintainability, EMI, logistics, program funding, statistics, facilities, cost estimating, risk analysis/assessment, and human factors.
- Three (3) years of experience with current and future military equipment, systems, and associated tactics (U.S., allied, and threat nations).
- Three (3) years of experience with a wide range of non-engineering, non-scientific information in the form of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Military Standards, DON/DoD/NAVAIR policies, directives, and instructions and must be able to determine the applicability of these documents to assignments.
- Knowledge of NCTE, ADVTE, and Joint Training networks. • Knowledge of System of Systems Engineering, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Networking Interoperability, and Lead Systems Integration.
- This position requires an ACTIVE TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented; experienced in organizing and prioritizing tasks.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products to include: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience utilizing software tools for engineering is desired. Ability to adapt to evolving technology.