The Systems Engineer will be part of an experienced team of Systems and Desktop Engineers who are responsible for securing, maintaining and monitoring the health of the server environment throughout the enterprise, which encompasses conducting utilization studies and the establishment of fault notification processes, analyzing data to recognize trends and create automated proactive measures to prevent application downtime. Provides second and third level end-user support and mentor junior members of the Operations team. This position will work closely with other members of the Ardent Information Technology team to support the overall mission of the company and its long-term strategic business initiatives.
- Provide mid-level support for servers, storage systems and infrastructure services.
- Assist with the implementation of new technologies and verify that all procedural documentation is accurate, and that knowledge transfer from the engineering team is completed prior to any technology being placed in the Production environment.
- Act as a contributor to enterprise level strategic projects, meeting milestone deadlines, and accomplishing project action items.
- Ensure that proper operating procedures are adhered to during the full lifecycle of all servers throughout the enterprise including documentation, server builds, server maintenance, monitoring, support, refresh/upgrades, and decommission.
- Administer data within corporate change, problem management and request systems; monitor assignment and completion of efforts documented in these systems; and properly escalate issues to management. Through escalations this role may serve as a point of contact for interactions with vendors on issue resolution.
- Installs various types of software including operating systems and applications on a variety of hardware platforms including system updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Analyze monitoring data to recognize trends and create proactive solutions to prevent recurring issues
- Maintain operations of enterprise shared services and assist application teams as needed
- Installs and maintains server hardware, system racks ensuring a visually clean and consistent environment. With installation and maintenance comes the need to maintain the asset inventory across the brand, including servers and software licenses.
- Serve as level 2 support of core infrastructure services utilizing the incident management ticketing system. Works closely with IT&S teams to resolve internal customer issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT concentration OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in information technology
- Mid-level knowledge of Microsoft 2003, 2008, and 2012 Server.
- Mid-level knowledge of core infrastructure services (DNS, DHCP, IIS, AD group policies, Exchange, File Services, etc.)
- Mid-level knowledge supporting and administering enterprise applications such as VMware vCenter and ESXi, XenApp or XenDesktop, Exchange services, Microsoft System Center (SCCM), and Citrix Presentation Server.
- Working knowledge with clustering and highly available network solutions across multiple data centers.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Working knowledge of systems management, scripting and automation.
- Prior healthcareexperience
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws (HIPAA).
- MCSE and/or VCP Certification
- Project management experience.