Eaton’s Corporate IT Function is seeking a Systems Engineer our Infrastructure Center of Excellence (INFCOE). The Systems Engineer can work out of Beachwood, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, Louisville, KY, Eden Prairie, MN or Peachtree City, GA. No relocation is being offered for this position. The Systems Engineer (Voice) –InfrastructureEngineering’s primary responsibility is to design, construct and deliver solutions to address business and technical requirements, leveraging industry and standard principles and patterns. This role's scope will have an emphasis on Voice services andtechnologies. Also interested in allother aspects ofInfrastructuretechnologies, including Cloud, Virtualization, Automation, Server OS, Storage,Networktechnologies to meet business requirements. The Systems Engineer will:
- Identify System architecture and inter-service dependencies, with an emphasis on Voice services and technologies
- Integrate outside service provider technologies with on-prem and hosted systems
- Establish new technology patterns with key infrastructuretechnologies
- Align technical roadmaps to near term project requirements.
- Provide feedback on real world application of infrastructuretechnologies to architectures and anticipated demands/gaps
- Identify and act upon System Metrics
- Enable Monitoring at all levels in the technology stack
- Perform Capacity planning on systems and infrastructure components
- Design infrastructure solutions to minimize Latency, drive Efficiency and improve both Reliability and Performance
- Establish Service Availability models
- Incorporate Security controls and technologies into the overall system implementations
- Develop and implement Lifecycle processes across all Infrastructuretechnologies
- Develop plans for Instance landscapes
- Drive Early testing into all new deployments
- Enable automation to reduce release cycle time and provide Higher Quality
- Involves working in a highly matrixed organization spanning domestic and international locations.
- Responsible for process, standards, governance and performance of the shared structures and technical environments.
- Ability to access and evaluate products/vendors.
- Has a good understanding of the technical platforms, applications, and tools currently utilized at Eaton
- Ability to drive projects with broad scope of deployment, including sector and/or region
- Drives decisions and deliverables within team
- Negotiate small to moderate scale vendor SOW
- 5years IT experience or a graduate of Eaton's Leadership Development Program
- High School diploma from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Business Acumen – Intermediate level
- Systems and IT Knowledge - Intermediate level
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical discipline such as: B.E / BTech / MCA / Equivalent (EITC) or B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering / Equivalent
- Cisco and/or Avaya experience at an Engineering skill level...having both is best
- Must be forward thinking and learning new technologies.
- Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Additional language capabilities are a plus.
- Up to 10% travel will be required for this position
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 044125