Located at Grace Lake Corporate Center (GLCC) in Van Buren Twp., Michigan, (near Ann Arbor), the Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing and documenting detailed understanding of how electronic components interact with Customer Vehicle architecture. The Systems Engineer will also be responsible for ensuring other engineering disciplines have a common understanding as the team delivers the product. This role will interact internally with Software, Electrical, Mechanical, and Manufacturing groups as well as Project management to ensure quality delivery of final product.
• Work with OEM Customers to define/refine desires and features into specifications.
• Review and analysis of customer requirements and component specifications
• Evaluate customer and internally requested changes
• Develop detailed understanding of Vehicle / Networkarchitecture and how components interact
• Author and Release Systems Requirements Documents
• Provide design support through the production launch of the product
• Perform Vehicle, Breadboard, plant testing and troubleshooting, capturing logs and other measurements to determine root cause of issues.
• Support development of OEM plant diagnostics
Requirements Years of Experience: Five (5) plus years related experience. Degree Strongly Preferred: BS/BA in Engineering (Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, Physics, Math)
• Experience with communication interfaces (CAN, LIN, MOST, USB, Bluetooth, UART)
• Demonstrated ability to analyze design concepts in order to demonstrate feasibility to meet requirements.
• Experienced in Automotive Electronics.
• Experienced in developing hardware requirements and hardware/software interface documents.
• Able to communicate and negotiate with internal and external customers
• Familiar with Requirements Systems Engineering tools and methodologies such as DOORS or TcSE.
• Ability to support, lead, or manage cross functional teams of EE’s, ME’s, SW, ECAD, Mfg.
• Demonstrated ability to make proper trade off decisions and to negotiate with suppliers and customers.
• Has demonstrated effective communication skills and strong technical aptitude in Systems Engineering. Special Requirements
• Flexibility in working hours to work with a global team may be required.
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.