What you'll be doing...
This systems engineer position is a multifaceted position requiring knowledge of technical skills related to databases, application support, agile technologies, and the ability to write and understand user stories and requirements. The successful candidate will support a software development group in numerous capacities, including performing data analytics and creating ad-hoc reports. The responsibilities shift as the need arises. The group uses multiple agile techniques and is working on constructing a DevOps pipeline; the candidate will be involved in increasing agility and DevOps among other tasks.
The candidate will work closely with internal business and software development team members to:
- Perform deep root cause analysis for issues in production systems which includes investigation, diagnosis, and solutioning, as well as helping the team design, implement, optimize, and maintain its DevOps pipeline.
- Design and optimize structured query language (SQL) structures and queries.
- Support development of Robo-dialing & network analytics.
- Requirements analysis and development/documentation
- Project management for Robo and RCC compliance.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
- Strong communication and teamwork.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
Even better if you have:
- Ten or more years of relevant work experience in production deployment maintenance support, big data database design/optimization, data analytics, DevOps.
- Master's Degree
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Being a self-starter with initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of management and excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Nagios, Jenkins, Git, Splunk, and Docker is highly desirable.
- Experience with open source collaboration tools such as IRC, WIKI and Bugzilla, as well as Jira and Confluence experience.
- Strong Unix and Linux expertise.
- Requirements management
- User Stories creation
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite.