UTC Climate, Controls & Security (CCS) is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering or Computer Science you may be eligible for UTC Climate, Controls and Security’s New Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2018 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. CCS’s New Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineeringexperience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the New Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the CCS New Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year program.
The System Engineer will support the development of standard tools, libraries & workflows for system Model Based Development in the areas of robust system modeling, system optimization techniques, system integration, variability analysis, efficient physics based modeling strategies and system engineering techniques.
The System Engineer will work with global, cross disciplinary teams to deploy & apply system MBD technologies to create the next generation of products to CCS.
- Solid background in optimization techniques/algorithms, numerical analysis and variability analysis
- Experience in continuous and discrete optimization, stochastic programming and uncertainty quantification methods
- Experience in system steady state and dynamic modeling capabilities (Simulink, Dymola)
- Experience in software development & programming: Python, Java, C/C++, R, Matlab, Pyomo, Visual Studio
- Experience in physics-based modeling, DAE/PDE modeling and solution strategy
- Proficient in graphical user interface development
- Knowledge of high performance computing & cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to consider the product holistically (systems thinking), including how it interacts with its environment and users
- Strong team and interpersonal skills to work with a variety of stakeholder communities with competing needs in order to find commonality and build consensus on a solution:
- Bachelor's or Master's or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or Computer Science with a GPA of 3.2 or higher
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.