Job ID 60894BR Date posted 02/12/2018 City Charlotte State North Carolina CountryUS
UTC Climate, Controls & Security (CCS) is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering or Computer Science you may be eligible for UTC Climate, Controls and Security’s New Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2018 program. The cohort starts in June and applicants must have received their degree prior to cohort start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. CCS’s New Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineeringexperience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the New Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of the CCS New Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year program.
The Systems Engineer role will focus on requirements and architecting. This role shall engage with project teams to plan, setup and execute requirements capture and management capabilities, including the use of requirements management tools. This role will also align the requirements decomposition activities with the system architecture, and support architecture analysis and trades.
Systems Engineers applyengineering principles and techniques to the collection, development, management, and refinement of requirements. These requirements would be systems, people, processes, architecture, data, and infrastructure. They also help to validate those requirements by translating them from business needs. They may be involved in defining and representing the fundamental structure of systems, system components, their relationships, and interfaces and the interface between the system and its external environment. They may also help with identifying business requirements and desired outcomes, determine cost reasonableness and expected benefits, define system boundaries and inputs and outputs, visualize data flows, capture processing needs, and choose centralized versus distributed processing.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the development of complex products
- 2 years’ experience developing and managing technical requirements, including the use of requirement management tools
- Experience in defining and managing product interfaces
- Experience eliciting requirements directly from customers
- Expertise in analyzing and decomposing requirements to lower-level specifications
- Demonstrated ability to consider the product holistically (systems thinking), including how it interacts with its environment and users
- Strong team and interpersonal skills to work with a variety of stakeholder communities with competing needs in order to find commonality and build consensus on a solution
- Exposure to system of systems projects, leveraging multiple existing or procured products to deliver new and unique functionality
- Experience with modeling languages such as UML/SysML
- Experience in model-based design or verification techniques
- Experience working as part of a globally distributed team
- Experience with system verification methods and tools
- BS in Engineering with a GPA of 3.2 or higher