Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team and support our client in the National Capital Region. Successful applicants will demonstrate their experience providing Systems Engineering support to develop, maintain, and integrate activities for large-scale, enterprise systems for our customer. The ideal candidate will have Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) or related experience.
When responding to this opportunity, please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage all installed systems and infrastructure
- Establish, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Direct team associates involved in project management, security, asset management, and customer service departments to resolve problems and manage projects.
- Evaluate the existing systems and provide the technical direction to IT support staff.
- Oversee the development of customized software and hardware requirement.
- Plan and implement systems automation as required for better efficiency.
- Formulate and design the security system in place to maintain data safety.
- Oversee the constant availability of technical resources.
- Maintain and supervise the inventory.
- Timely reporting on the log sheet for the rapid response to any glitches
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Agile Methodologies experience and knowledge
- SDLC experience and knowledge
- Proficient in Data Architecture and programming.
- Familiarity with application stacks such as Tomcat, Apache, NGINX, WebLogic
- Good cloud experience especially in AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience with virtualization such as VMware
- Network concepts/experience such as TCP/IP
- Knowledge and experience in Microsevices, EJBs, Webservices, MQ, Hibernate, JDBC, JEE App server, Oracle, IBM Websphere
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, etc.
- Brilliant conflict resolution, analytical, and decision-making skills are vital to the position equally.
- Degree in Computer Science or closely allied field required
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- Clearance - Must have a current CBP Background Investigation or be eligible to obtain one.
- Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
- The Systems Engineers should have excellent communication, personal, and governance skills.
- Solid ability to interface, inspire and motivate at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Willing to travel occasionally as needed (up to 10%)
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment.
- May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.