$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Bowhead is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our growing team in Dahlgren, VA. The System Engineer will provide Operation & Maintenance (O&M) support to Windows (2012 or later) servers used at NSWC Dahlgren Division for corporate solutions and Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluation (RDT&E) organizational needs. This environment includes support for Windows Active Directory. O&M support includes patch management, information assurance/security, Storage Area Network (SAN) management, and data backup solutions for the Research Development Testing and Evaluation (RDT&E) network.
As the System Engineer, you will:
• Provide engineering support for initiatives including, but not limited to, VMware, IBM Endpoint Manager, Splunk, and NetApp enterprise storage system.
• Responsible for the configuration and maintenance of domain backup solutions using Symantec NetBackup.
• Administer and maintain endpoint solutions on supported RDT&E networks. Develop, maintain and deploy automated Windows 2012 R2/2016 Server and Windows 7/10 client builds. Assist with Windows server migration.
• Provide O&M support for various Department transition initiatives to Corporate Services. Provide Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for designs and implementation strategies of new hardware and software deployments.
• Address requirements for maintaining system security as defined by the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) package.
• Work independently as well as in a support environment to meet deadlines while simultaneously performing multiple tasks.
• Work with the Help Desk; but also with various Department Points of contacts as needed to resolve customer problems.
Requirements • Must have demonstrated ability to produce system specifications, design requirements, test evaluation planning documents, and technical publications and reports.
• Requires strong understanding of current Microsoft supported Windows operating systems. Must be experienced in Windows Active Directory infrastructure administration to include Group Policy Objects management.
• Must have an understanding of SAN fundamentals to include but not limited to virtual machine and LUN provisioning, snapshots, and zoning.
• Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must have the ability to multi-task while being meticulous. DOD 8570 IAT level II certification is required (i.e., CompTIA Security+ce).
• Experience with Citrix, NetApp FAS series storage array, Splunk, IBM Endpoint Manager, VMware ESXi server 5.5 and vCenter Operations Manager are highly desirable.
• Scripting knowledge is a plus, with Powershell, PowerCLI or another language. Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) networking and security accreditation requirements such as Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP).
• Familiarity with Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) is a plus
Valid Through: 2019-10-18